THE BEST FOODS & DRINKS YOU MUST TRY IN GREECE
Don’t leave Greece without trying….
- Greek Salad No traditional Greek meal is complete without a salad.
The most classic Greek salad is known as the “xoriatiki salata “or village salad.
This salad usually contains tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, onions, oregano, and olive oil.
- Souvlaki. Souvlaki is a popular Greek fast food consisting of small pieces of meat and sometimes vegetables grilled on a skewer. It is usually served with grilled bread, or in a pita wrap with garnishes and sauces, or on a dinner plate, often with fried potatoes and
- Tyropita is a Greek layered pastry ,made with layers of buttered phyllo and filled with a cheese mixture.
- If you ever visit Greece you must definitely try Gavros Tiganitos
Anchovies are very tasty and healthy, and are one of the most popular fish in Greece. It’s a perfect option for those who suffer from heart problems as anchovies offer Omega 3 fatty acids and the olive oil Omega 9 fatty acids
- Dolmathes Stuffed Grape Leaves In Greece, dolmathes, is a traditionally prepared with grape or cabbage leaves. Either fresh in the summer or conserved ones in the winter period. A mixture of rice or mince meat is rolled in the leaves and boiled in a pot until the rice or meat is ready.
- Greek Cheeses. are many and wide in variety, with many colors, flavors, and textures. For the most part, each area in Greece has its own regional style of cheese, and may have several local types of cheeses. They can be hard or soft and aged or fresh, and they come in many colors.
- Greek Honey is a unique sweetening substance of great biological and nutritional value, Nature’s inestimable gift to man.
- Seafood in Greece The delightful taste of the Mediterranean Sea comes alive in a lot of irresistible Greek traditional dishes.
- Politiko From Thessaloniki. Syrupy base with mastic aroma and pastry cream sprinkled with cinnamon!
Amazing dessert made in Thessaloniki.
- Loukoumades – Greek Doughnuts
- Loukoumades are little bite-sized fluffy sweet honey puffs which are deep fried to golden and crispy perfection.
Spoon sweets are sweet preserves, served , as a gesture of hospitality in Greece, by the teaspoon in a small porcelain or crystal glass dish or bowl, with coffee or tea and cold water.
- Trigona From Thessaloniki.
- Cream Filled Phyllo Cones
These delicious little treats are known as “Trigona ” and they’re from Thessaloniki.